It is clear that there is a drug epidemic in our country. Unfortunately, the problem appears to be on the rise without a clear end in sight. It’s been a battle for more than a decade, and the issue is finally receiving some proper attention. Instead of continuing to brush drug addiction under the rug as a “personal problem,” people are coming together to find resolutions. We are proud to see our politicians working together to make a difference. We are inspired by these efforts, which is why we continually offer our K9 dog drug searches in Fort Worth. Every bit of help makes a difference to a drug addict who is potentially facing overdose.
Thankfully there is cooperation between both Republicans and Democrats when talking about the drug epidemic.
A few weeks ago 18 pieces of legislation passed through the House that address the incredible drug problem in the United States. The last of these pieces received an overwhelming 400-5 supportive vote.
If President Obama signs the legislation that recently passed through both the House and the Senate, then our country will notice many beneficial changes for the drug crisis:
- Increased number of advocacy groups, patients, medical officials, and federal agencies who will work to regulate painkiller prescription guidelines
- Help for pregnant mothers who face addiction
- Resources for drug education
- Increased naloxone access (naloxone reverses overdose effects)
- Bring together communities who have been torn apart by the drugs
- Grants for local and state governments to boost drug enforcement officers
- Improved addiction and treatment resources and facilities
Altogether, we can’t do this unless we all work together. If you need some help determining if a friend, family member, student, or coworker is using drugs, please hire our K9 dogs for a thorough drug search. It will make a difference.